- 1 How do you respond to an online discussion post?
- 2 How do you respond to a peer discussion?
- 3 How do you write a thoughtful response?
- 4 How do you respond to a discussion?
- 5 How do you introduce yourself in a discussion board?
- 6 How do you start a discussion response?
- 7 How do you write a peer response?
- 8 What is a thoughtful response?
- 9 What is an academic response?
- 10 How do you end a personal response?
- 11 How do you reply to a forum post?
- 12 How do you respond to a group discussion?
- 13 How do you reply to a discussion board on canvas?
- 14 What makes a good discussion post?
How do you respond to an online discussion post?
Validate the post by sharing your experience and stating how it relates to the course material or to the initial post. Agree or disagree with the post and explain why you agree or disagree. Expand on your classmate’s post to demonstrate that you understand the topic.
How do you respond to a peer discussion?
There are three main ways to respond constructively to a post: “No, because” • “Yes, and…” • “Yes, but” If you disagree with someone’s post, show that you appreciate that your classmate has an opinion, even if it’s different from your own.
How do you write a thoughtful response?
Tips for Writing Thoughtful Discussion Responses
- Ask open-ended questions to promote discussion. Open-ended questions require individuals to write more than a simple one- or two-word answer.
- Don’t be afraid to disagree.
- Give reasons for your opinion.
- Think outside the box.
- Include outside resources.
How do you respond to a discussion?
How to Write and Respond to Discussion Posts
- Understand the Prompt.
- Refer to the Scoring Rubric.
- Present Evidence and Examples.
- Draft the Answer before Posting.
- Express Yourself Clearly.
- Respond in a Timely Manner.
How do you introduce yourself in a discussion board?
Your introduction should be no shorter than 250 words in length and should give us a general idea of your interests and goals. You may want to explain your decision to come to SCC, your major, your career goals, and where you see yourself in the next five years.
How do you start a discussion response?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework.
- Read prompts carefully.
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective.
- Be relevant.
- Bring something unique to the post.
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post.
- Leave participants wanting more.
How do you write a peer response?
If you are the responder…
- Carefully listen to and/or read the draft.
- Answer the writer’s immediate questions.
- Complete a response sheet to organize your ideas.
- Then comment aloud about the writing. Tell what parts you like and suggest ways to make the writing even better.
- Always be kind and polite in your remarks.
What is a thoughtful response?
A thoughtful response is a response that is “full of thought.” In other words, it clearly demonstrates that some careful thought went into to the writing of the response.
What is an academic response?
A response paper is a short essay which conveys the writer’s reaction to one or several texts that he or she has read. This kind of assignment is usually given to students after they have read a number of articles, or a work of fiction. that has been read is introduced and the focus of the response paper is stated.
How do you end a personal response?
SUMMARIZE your main points; restate your thesis (look at your clincher sentences to help you). b. FINAL THOUGHTS: End with a thought provoking statement that will leave your reader thinking about and with an impression of your overall argument – this should be a strong statement that sums up your overall argument.
How do you reply to a forum post?
How do I reply to a forum post (i.e. conversation)?
- Go to Forums. Select the Forums tool from Tool Menu in your site.
- Choose a topic within a forum.
- Click on the title of an existing post to view the conversation.
- Click reply.
- Compose your message.
- Edit the reply title.
- Enter your message.
- Add attachment.
How do you respond to a group discussion?
- Model the behavior and attitudes you want group members to employ.
- Use encouraging body language and tone of voice, as well as words.
- Give positive feedback for joining the discussion.
- Be aware of people’s reactions and feelings, and try to respond appropriately.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Control your own biases.
How do you reply to a discussion board on canvas?
To reply to the main discussion, type your reply in the Reply field. Write your response in the Rich Content Editor. You can add links, photos, equations, and/or media. If your instructor allows, you can also attach files.
What makes a good discussion post?
Good discussion threads should be substantial but concise: convey only the information that is most meaningful and accessible to your classmates. Make sure to always re-read your response! A good habit is to copy and paste your thread into a Word document prior to posing to check for errors in spelling and grammar.