- 1 What is a canvas icon?
- 2 What does the rocket icon mean on canvas?
- 3 How do I change my canvas icon?
- 4 What does the paper icon mean on canvas?
- 5 What does a blue dot mean in canvas?
- 6 How do I add icons to canvas?
- 7 What do the colors mean in canvas gradebook?
- 8 What does the clock mean on canvas?
- 9 What does the eye mean in canvas?
- 10 How do I customize my homepage on canvas?
- 11 How can I customize my canvas?
- 12 How do I customize my canvas dashboard?
- 13 What does T stand for in grades?
- 14 What does green in canvas gradebook mean?
- 15 What does originality report mean on canvas?
What is a canvas icon?
Canvas uses a number of icons to show the learning activities you will see in your course modules. There are six icons in total: Assignments are shown as a page being written on with a pencil. Quizzes are represented by a flying rocket icon. A paperclip icon is used to represent Files.
What does the rocket icon mean on canvas?
Once students have already taken a graded quiz, any changes that affect the quiz score such as deleting questions or answers, or manually entering a new mark typically do not work. A rocket icon appears in the gradebook column, indicating the quiz has not been fully graded.
How do I change my canvas icon?
Customize the icons used in the navigation blocks:
- Click on the icon next to the Navigation titles.
- Use the search box in the Custom Icons box to find an icon that you want to use.
- Click on the icon you want to use to select it.
- Click the X in the Custom Icon box to close that box.
What does the paper icon mean on canvas?
Paper Icon: File upload submitted, not graded. Filmstrip Icon: Media recording submitted, not graded. T Icon: Text entry submitted, not graded. Link Icon: Website URL submitted, not graded.
What does a blue dot mean in canvas?
The blue dots to the left of the Announcement is an “not read” indicator; meaning that you have not clicked on the announcement to view it (if you read an announcement as a instructor that is delayed, the blue dot will remain until it is published/posted and you access it again).
How do I add icons to canvas?
How to add Custom Header text and icons
- Copy this HTML code:
- In your Canvas site, select “HTML Editor” while in Edit mode on the page you want to use the header.
- Place your cursor where you want the header to appear and paste in the code.
- Go to the Instructure Icons.
- Replace Header Text Here with the text you want.
What do the colors mean in canvas gradebook?
Each color is a default associated with a Gradebook status: late (blue), missing (red), resubmitted (green), dropped (orange), or excused (yellow). Colors set in your course apply to any of your other courses that use the Gradebook, however, they do not apply to any other user who may view the Gradebook.
What does the clock mean on canvas?
That icon means that the assignment is not graded and needs action from you.
What does the eye mean in canvas?
Now, you are able to post/hide grades in the Canvas grade center. You may have noticed an orange eye icon on your grade center. This means that grades are currently hidden from students. When you click the three dots next to the grade column name, you now have the option to “post grades”
How do I customize my homepage on canvas?
How to Change Your Home Page Layout in Canvas
- On your current home page, click on the link for “Choose Home Page “.
- Choose a layout from the “Choose Home Page ” dialog box.
- You’ll see link to set a front page in Pages, if you haven’t already done so.
- Click the “Save” button.
- You can change your home page layout as many times as you want.
How can I customize my canvas?
Customize Course Image
- To change the image, select the course you would like to customize.
- Scroll down and select “Settings” from the menu on the left.
- On the top of the Course Details page, click the “Choose Image” box.
How do I customize my canvas dashboard?
- In the Course Navigation menu, click the Settings link.
- Click the Feature Options tab.
- Toggle “Enable Dashboard Images for Courses” to On.
- Click the Course Details tab.
- Click the Choose Image button.
What does T stand for in grades?
T (Temporary). Grades of TB+, TB, TC+, TC, TD, TF, and TZ are used for all incomplete and temporary grades. Temporary grades are given at the discretion of the instructor when the student has not completed properly the course work requirements (i.e., major assignments or examinations).
What does green in canvas gradebook mean?
The Gradebook includes a default set of colors that indicate various statuses for assignments: Blue : Late submission. Red : Missing submission. Green : Resubmitted assignment. Orange : Dropped grade.
What does originality report mean on canvas?
An Originality Report is generated by Turnitin every time a piece of work is submitted. This shows where matches have been found between the submitted document and existing sources in the Turnitin database.