- 1 How do you write an online discussion question?
- 2 What are some good discussion questions?
- 3 How do you write an effective discussion question?
- 4 What makes a good online discussion?
- 5 How do you write a discussion?
- 6 How do you write a good question?
- 7 What are the 4 types of questions?
- 8 What is a discussion question?
- 9 What is a powerful question?
- 10 How do you start a good discussion?
- 11 What if questions are interesting?
- 12 How do you formulate a question?
- 13 What is an online discussion?
- 14 How can I facilitate online?
- 15 How do you start a discussion class?
How do you write an online discussion question?
Online, you only have one shot to ask a question that catches students’ interest and compels them to speak up. The stakes are higher than you think. Great discussion questions:
- Are clear and easy to understand. Avoid acronyms and scholarly language.
- Foster a dialogue.
- Are inclusive.
- Align with the course objectives.
What are some good discussion questions?
Icebreaker Questions on Choice
- If you could be anyone in this world, other than yourself, who would you be?
- If you could create one life, what would it be?
- When does free will end and fate begin?
- If you were mayor of your town, what would you do?
How do you write an effective discussion question?
Tips for Writing Discussion Questions
- Compare, contrast, and look for connections between articles assigned on a given day with each other or with past articles assigned for class.
- Look for gaps in authors’ reasoning or statements that you find problematic.
- Think about the broader issues that the author’s arguments point to.
What makes a good online discussion?
Engaging in online chats Try to make your comments concise and clear. Remember to be respectful and professional: don’t write anything that you wouldn’t speak in class. Also, avoid clogging up the chat with links to extraneous resources. Stay focused and aim to add value to the class experience.
How do you write a discussion?
Learn to listen
- Be an active listener and don’t let your attention drift.
- Identify the main ideas being discussed.
- Evaluate what is being said.
- Listen with an open mind and be receptive to new ideas and points of view.
- Test your understanding.
- Ask yourself questions as you listen.
How do you write a good question?
- Focus on one item in each question.
- Keep it natural – phrase questions in your own words.
- Only ask relevant questions.
- Add positive feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Try to keep question text as short as possible.
- Create questions that require thought.
What are the 4 types of questions?
In English, there are four types of questions: general or yes/no questions, special questions using wh-words, choice questions, and disjunctive or tag/tail questions. Each of these different types of questions is used commonly in English, and to give the correct answer to each you’ll need to be able to be prepared.
What is a discussion question?
A discussion question that is truly great is challenging and inspires students to think critically and respond with well thought out answers. These questions are a framework for creating prompts that encourage inquiry, challenge students to think bigger and connect the classroom to real world ideas and events.
What is a powerful question?
“ Powerful questions are a reflection of committed listening and understanding the other person’s perspective that is confirmed through paraphrasing. Powerful questions are: • Open-ended questions with no hidden agenda.
How do you start a good discussion?
Comment on the weather.
- Ask for information. A great way to start a conversation is to ask for information from the person you want to talk to.
- Pay a compliment.
- Comment on something pleasant.
- Introduce yourself.
- Offer help.
- Mention a shared experience.
- Praise the person.
- Ask about them.
What if questions are interesting?
4 What If Random Questions
- What if you had to pick one person to be with forever?
- What if you could keep one memory of us together?
- What if you could eat only one food for the rest of your what food would you choose and why?
- What if you could have a party and invite anyone (dead or alive), which people would you invite?
How do you formulate a question?
Use these guidelines when developing questions:
- Plan your questions.
- Know your purpose.
- Open conversation.
- Speak your listener’s language.
- Use neutral wording.
- Follow general questions with specific ones.
- Focus your questions so they ask one thing at a time.
- Ask only essential questions.
What is an online discussion?
Online discussions are a collaborative tool to facilitate communication and knowledge construction (Johnson, 2007). An individual can view content and contribute to an online discussion any time or place on their computer with an internet connection (Sundararajan, 2010).
How can I facilitate online?
How To Facilitate Meaningful Online Discussions In eLearning
- Have A Conflict Resolution Plan In Place.
- Define Expectations.
- Take An Active Role In The Online Discussion.
- Make Participation Optional.
- Choose A Topic For Each Post.
- Reduce Online Group Sizes.
- Create A “Talking Point” Schedule.
How do you start a discussion class?
Starting a discussion
- Refer to questions you distributed.
- Make a list of key points.
- Use a partner activity.
- Use a brainstorming activity.
- Pose an opening question and give students a few minutes to record an answer.
- Divide students into small groups to discuss a specific question or issue.