- 1 Which statement is supported by the paragraph and reinforce an argument for online learning?
- 2 What is one use to support in an argumentative essay?
- 3 What makes online learning effective?
- 4 Is online learning effective or not argument?
- 5 What should Giovanna add to the paragraph that would make it a complete argument?
- 6 Which revision would best strengthen the author’s main argument?
- 7 What reasons are given to support the claim?
- 8 What type of evidence is presented to support the claim?
- 9 How do you support a thesis?
- 10 What are disadvantages of online learning?
- 11 What are the pros and cons of online education?
- 12 What is the advantages and disadvantages of online learning?
- 13 Why is online learning bad?
- 14 Is online teaching the future?
Which statement is supported by the paragraph and reinforce an argument for online learning?
Answer Expert Verified. The statement, which is supported by the paragraph and reinforces the argument for online learning is this: ONLINE LEARNING IS GAINING POPULARITY AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL CLASSROOM SETTINGS.
What is one use to support in an argumentative essay?
Think of supporting arguments as mini-papers with mini-thesis statements (sometimes called main ideas). Supporting arguments “back up” your thesis or help “prove” it—to the extent that it can truly be proven. In the following essay, the main idea of each supporting argument is bolded and underlined.
What makes online learning effective?
Students learn more than they do in traditional courses. Because online courses give students full control over their own learning, students are able to work at their own speed. Generally students work faster than they would do otherwise and take in more information.
Is online learning effective or not argument?
There is evidence that online learning students generally score higher than those students who learn in traditional classes. While this is by no means conclusive, it certainly goes a long way to making the doubters reconsider their opinions of online learning.
What should Giovanna add to the paragraph that would make it a complete argument?
What should Giovanna add to the paragraph that would make it a complete argument? At the end of the paragraph, she should add a link back to the claim.
The inclusion of reputable sources and specific facts would best strengthen the author’s main argument because it would offer factual proof instead of just the author’s opinion on the matter.
What reasons are given to support the claim?
Reasons are statements of support for claims, making those claims something more than mere assertions. Reasons are statements in an argument that pass two tests: Reasons are answers to the hypothetical challenge to your claim: “Why do you say that?”
What type of evidence is presented to support the claim?
Don’t confuse evidence with citation. Evidence is the facts used to support the claim. Citation tells the reader where the writer got the facts. Just because a writer does not cite her or his sources, does not mean she or he has no evidence.
How do you support a thesis?
- A thesis gives an essay a purpose, which is to present details that support the thesis.
- To create supporting details, you can use personal observations and experiences, facts, opinions, statistics, and examples.
What are disadvantages of online learning?
Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses
- Online courses require more time than on-campus classes.
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate.
- Online courses require good time-management skills.
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation.
- Online courses allow you to be more independent.
What are the pros and cons of online education?
The Pros and Cons of Studying Online
- Pro: Increased Flexibility. The biggest advantage to studying online is the increase in flexibility.
- Con: Reputation. Many firms and institutions are quick to dismiss an online education.
- Pro: Ease of Access.
- Con: Lack of Social Interaction.
- Pro: More Affordable.
- Con: Fewer Courses.
What is the advantages and disadvantages of online learning?
Online learning cannot offer human interaction. Another disadvantage refers to the fact that online courses cannot cope with thousands of students that try to join discussions. Also, online learning can be difficult, if it is meant for disciplines that involve practice.
Why is online learning bad?
E – Learning can cause social Isolation. E – Learning requires strong self-motivation and time management skills. Lack of communicational skill development in online students. Cheating prevention during online assessments is complicated.
Is online teaching the future?
It’s flexible. Online education enables the teacher and the student to set their own learning pace, and there’s the added flexibility of setting a schedule that fits everyone’s agenda. Studying online teaches you vital time management skills, which makes finding a good work-study balance easier.