- 1 Why do you need an online learning community?
- 2 What are the benefits of online learning?
- 3 How do online platform help you as a student your family and the community?
- 4 Why is a learning community important?
- 5 What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
- 6 How do you create an online learning community?
- 7 What are disadvantages of online learning?
- 8 What’s bad about online learning?
- 9 What are the benefits of online learning in 2020?
- 10 What are the different online communities of learning?
- 11 How do I connect virtually to students?
- 12 How do you create a remote learning community?
- 13 What makes a successful learning community?
- 14 How can you contribute to a learning community?
- 15 What are key components of a learning community?
Why do you need an online learning community?
The ideal online learning community is a safe space for risk taking, vulnerability, and sharing diverse ideas. Faculty and students share responsibility for creating and maintaining this learning environment.
What are the benefits of online learning?
Seven Benefits of Online Learning
- Added Flexibility and Self -Paced Learning.
- Better Time Management.
- Demonstrated Self -Motivation.
- Improved Virtual Communication and Collaboration.
- A Broader, Global Perspective.
- Refined Critical-thinking Skills.
- New Technical Skills.
How do online platform help you as a student your family and the community?
Answer: Online learning platforms allow all of those things as well as provide a tool for students and teachers to keep a record of progress made. Essentially, they allow learners to have more ownership of their learning which helps them learn better.
Why is a learning community important?
Learning communities provide a space and a structure for people to align around a shared goal. These communities enable participants to share results and learn from each other, thereby improving their ability to achieve rapid yet significant progress.
What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
According to Du et al. (2010), there are 4 elements of online learning communities: interactivity, collaboration, trusting relationship, and communication media.
How do you create an online learning community?
How To Build An Online Learning Community
- Know Your Online Learners ‘ Needs.
- Set Some Netiquette Rules And Enforce Them.
- Pick The Right Online Collaboration Platform.
- Cultivate A Personal Connection.
- Appoint Online Learning Community Leaders.
- Create A Central Hub.
What are disadvantages of online learning?
Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses
- Online courses require more time than on-campus classes.
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate.
- Online courses require good time-management skills.
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation.
- Online courses allow you to be more independent.
What’s bad about online learning?
E – Learning can cause social Isolation. E – Learning requires strong self-motivation and time management skills. Lack of communicational skill development in online students. Cheating prevention during online assessments is complicated.
What are the benefits of online learning in 2020?
5 Advantages of Online Learning
- Upskilling is Becoming Increasingly Necessary.
- Self-Paced Learning.
- Online Learning Helps Us Stay Relevant in a Quickly Changing World.
- E – Learning is Resource Efficient.
- Online Learning is More Accessible to All.
What are the different online communities of learning?
- synchronous (such as instant messaging or language exchange websites and mobile applications.
- asynchronous (such as message boards and Internet forums)
- course management.
- collaborative (such as wikis)
- social networking.
- social learning.
- online universities.
How do I connect virtually to students?
Virtual morning (or afternoon) meetings via a web conferencing service, like Zoom or Google Hangouts, are one way to bring students together routinely — whether that means hosting a check-in circle, connecting with social-emotional learning activities, or participating in group mindfulness practice.
How do you create a remote learning community?
5 Strategies for Building Community During Remote Learning
- Opener: Start class with a warm, friendly activity that makes students feel safe.
- Closer: Wrap up class by checking in with students or asking for feedback.
- Brain Breaks: Build breaks during transitions that allow students to rest their minds, move their bodies or build community.
What makes a successful learning community?
Built on a shared question or challenge, learning communities are a unique, action-oriented, collective and ongoing strategy to tap the wisdom of a group of stakeholders. To do so successfully, though, learning communities require intentionality in design and execution as well as resources and buy-in from participants.
How can you contribute to a learning community?
Contributing to a Learning Community
- Share your learning through emails, blogs, tweets, presentations and conversations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop curriculum, student learning endeavors and school-wide learning events.
- Ask questions, share ideas and innovate preferably with others.
- Share your expertise.
What are key components of a learning community?
Learning Communities: Key Elements for Sustainability
- Clear and well-understood mission, vision, and goals.
- Committed leadership, wide connections, and solid volunteer workforce.
- Purposeful and well-implemented curriculum, pedagogy, and structure.
- Appropriate and ubiquitous assessment.