- 1 What are the characteristics of online learning?
- 2 What are the different online communities of learning?
- 3 Why do you need an online learning community?
- 4 What is the meaning of online learning?
- 5 What are advantages and disadvantages of online learning?
- 6 What are the advantages of online learning?
- 7 What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
- 8 How do online platforms help you as a student your family and the community?
- 9 How do you create an online learning community?
- 10 What is a digital learning community?
- 11 What is the best e learning platform?
- 12 Why is a learning community important?
- 13 How does the online learning work?
What are the characteristics of online learning?
Characteristics of an Online Learner
- Initiative: Online students motivate themselves to learn.
- Persistence: Persistence is holding steadfastly and firmly to a purpose.
- Organization: One of the most vital characteristics needed for online learning is organization.
- Engagement: Online learning does not mean on-your-own.
What are the different online communities of learning?
- synchronous (such as instant messaging or language exchange websites and mobile applications.
- asynchronous (such as message boards and Internet forums)
- course management.
- collaborative (such as wikis)
- social networking.
- social learning.
- online universities.
Why do you need an online learning community?
The ideal online learning community is a safe space for risk taking, vulnerability, and sharing diverse ideas. Faculty and students share responsibility for creating and maintaining this learning environment.
What is the meaning of online learning?
Online learning is education that takes place over the Internet. It is often referred to as “ e – learning ” among other terms. However, online learning is just one type of “ distance learning ” – the umbrella term for any learning that takes place across distance and not in a traditional classroom.
What are advantages and disadvantages of online learning?
Competition between colleagues can be very stimulating and students will only benefit from it. Online learning cannot offer human interaction. Another disadvantage refers to the fact that online courses cannot cope with thousands of students that try to join discussions.
What are the advantages of online learning?
Seven Benefits of Online Learning
- Added Flexibility and Self -Paced Learning.
- Better Time Management.
- Demonstrated Self -Motivation.
- Improved Virtual Communication and Collaboration.
- A Broader, Global Perspective.
- Refined Critical-thinking Skills.
- New Technical Skills.
What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
According to Du et al. (2010), there are 4 elements of online learning communities: interactivity, collaboration, trusting relationship, and communication media.
How do online platforms help you as a student your family and the community?
Answer: Online learning platforms allow all of those things as well as provide a tool for students and teachers to keep a record of progress made. Essentially, they allow learners to have more ownership of their learning which helps them learn better.
How do you create an online learning community?
How To Build An Online Learning Community
- Know Your Online Learners ‘ Needs.
- Set Some Netiquette Rules And Enforce Them.
- Pick The Right Online Collaboration Platform.
- Cultivate A Personal Connection.
- Appoint Online Learning Community Leaders.
- Create A Central Hub.
What is a digital learning community?
Digital learning communities invite families into learning spaces that are not constrained by the physical boundaries typically associated with school. Digital learning communities recognize that learning happens in a variety of contexts.
What is the best e learning platform?
Best 8 Online Learning Platforms 2021 To Jumpstart Your Careers
- LinkedIn Learning Ex Lynda.
Why is a learning community important?
Learning communities provide a space and a structure for people to align around a shared goal. These communities enable participants to share results and learn from each other, thereby improving their ability to achieve rapid yet significant progress.
How does the online learning work?
Unlike a traditional classroom, online classes tend to be more convenient in terms of when you can participate in lectures, classwork, and group assignments. You’ll upload assignments directly through Blackboard and interact with your professors and classmates through discussion boards and video threads.