- 1 What learning style is best for online learning?
- 2 What does research say about online learning?
- 3 Which research method is more useful for distance education?
- 4 Which techniques are most used in educational research?
- 5 What are the advantages of online learning?
- 6 What makes a successful online student?
- 7 Why is online learning bad?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of online learning?
- 9 Is online class effective research?
- 10 What are the methods of distance education?
- 11 What is a quantitative research study?
- 12 What are the steps in educational research?
- 13 What is good education research?
- 14 What are the types of educational research?
What learning style is best for online learning?
Online courses can appeal to various types of learners:
- Visual: Students who prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
- Aural: Students who prefer using sound and music.
- Verbal: Students who prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
What does research say about online learning?
Engagement (NSSE, 2008) study found that online learners reported deeper approaches to learning than classroom-based learners and experienced ―better use of higher order thinking skills, integrative thinking, and reflective learning. ‖ A list of effectiveness studies is included at the conclusion of the research paper.
Which research method is more useful for distance education?
The fact remains, however, that distance education researchers tend to place more importance to quantitative research, a method that typically provides objective descriptions and comparative measures of “classroom activities.” For example, Saba (2000) observed the dominance of quasi- experimental research in distance
Which techniques are most used in educational research?
The data in educational surveys and status studies are collected by utilizing various tools of investigation. The tools of investigation generally used are questionnaires, optionnaires, attitude scales, schedules, interviews, case-study techniques, rating scales, observational technique and the like.
What are the advantages of online learning?
Seven Benefits of Online Learning
- Added Flexibility and Self -Paced Learning.
- Better Time Management.
- Demonstrated Self -Motivation.
- Improved Virtual Communication and Collaboration.
- A Broader, Global Perspective.
- Refined Critical-thinking Skills.
- New Technical Skills.
What makes a successful online student?
Successful online students must be self-disciplined and goal-oriented as they work to complete their weekly assignments, post email messages, and work with their classmates in their online class.
Why is online learning bad?
E – Learning can cause social Isolation. E – Learning requires strong self-motivation and time management skills. Lack of communicational skill development in online students. Cheating prevention during online assessments is complicated.
What are the disadvantages of online learning?
Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses
- Online courses require more time than on-campus classes.
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate.
- Online courses require good time-management skills.
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation.
- Online courses allow you to be more independent.
Is online class effective research?
Online learning is certainly the more effective option for students, but it’s also better for the environment. The Open University in Britain have found that online courses equate to an average of 90% less energy and 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than traditional in person courses.
What are the methods of distance education?
Distance Education has traversed four to five ‘generations’ of technology in its history. These are print, audio /video broadcasting, audio /video teleconferencing, computer aided instruction, e-learning/ online-learning, computer broadcasting etc.
What is a quantitative research study?
Quantitative research is the process of collecting and analyzing numerical data. It can be used to find patterns and averages, make predictions, test causal relationships, and generalize results to wider populations.
What are the steps in educational research?
Steps in Educational Research
- Define the research problem clearly.
- Formulate your hypothesis.
- Determine the methodology to be adopted.
- Collect data from the research subjects using one or more educational research methods.
- Analyze and interpret your data to arrive at valid findings.
- Create your research report.
What is good education research?
For their research to be deemed good in a strong sense, education researchers must be able to articulate some sound connection between their work and a robust and justifiable conception of human well-being. There is a good deal of history and convention against such a conception of researchers ‘ work.
What are the types of educational research?
General Types of Educational Research
- Descriptive — survey, historical, content analysis, qualitative (ethnographic, narrative, phenomenological, grounded theory, and case study)
- Associational — correlational, causal-comparative.
- Intervention — experimental, quasi-experimental, action research (sort of)