- 1 Why do you need an online learning community?
- 2 What is the role of community in education?
- 3 Why is a learning community important?
- 4 How do you create a sense of community in an online classroom?
- 5 How do online platforms help students?
- 6 What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
- 7 What are examples of community involvement?
- 8 What are roles of a community?
- 9 What is the role of the teacher in a student centered classroom?
- 10 What makes a successful learning community?
- 11 How can you contribute to a learning community?
- 12 What are key components of a learning community?
- 13 How do you create a remote learning community?
- 14 How do you create an online community?
- 15 How do you create a community in a virtual environment?
Why do you need an online learning community?
The ideal online learning community is a safe space for risk taking, vulnerability, and sharing diverse ideas. Faculty and students share responsibility for creating and maintaining this learning environment.
What is the role of community in education?
ADVERTISEMENTS: Community helps in increasing attendance and enrollment of the students in school by motivating its members. (2) Providing physical facilities: It helps in providing physical facilities like buildings, teaching aids, teachers and other elements for better education for the community school.
Why is a learning community important?
Learning communities provide a space and a structure for people to align around a shared goal. These communities enable participants to share results and learn from each other, thereby improving their ability to achieve rapid yet significant progress.
How do you create a sense of community in an online classroom?
Build Community in Your Online Course
- What moving online means for your instruction.
- Create space for students to check in with you and each other.
- Set and communicate clear expectations and norms.
- Support your students through an adjustment period.
- Ask students to set intentions to be present and engaged.
How do online platforms help students?
Answer: Online learning platforms allow all of those things as well as provide a tool for students and teachers to keep a record of progress made. Essentially, they allow learners to have more ownership of their learning which helps them learn better.
What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
According to Du et al. (2010), there are 4 elements of online learning communities: interactivity, collaboration, trusting relationship, and communication media.
What are examples of community involvement?
Community involvement examples include in-kind and financial donations, employee volunteer days, enduring nonprofit partnerships, and more.
What are roles of a community?
A community is a group of people with common interests and values. Community responsibilities are an individual’s duties or obligations to the community and include cooperation, respect and participation. The concept goes beyond thinking and acting as individuals to common beliefs about shared interests and life.
What is the role of the teacher in a student centered classroom?
Teachers are creating opportunities for students to work in groups, collaborate, experiment, discuss and revise. With students at the center of their learning, teachers are becoming more of a support person guiding their progress and learning. This has also led to more data driven decision making.”
What makes a successful learning community?
Built on a shared question or challenge, learning communities are a unique, action-oriented, collective and ongoing strategy to tap the wisdom of a group of stakeholders. To do so successfully, though, learning communities require intentionality in design and execution as well as resources and buy-in from participants.
How can you contribute to a learning community?
Contributing to a Learning Community
- Share your learning through emails, blogs, tweets, presentations and conversations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop curriculum, student learning endeavors and school-wide learning events.
- Ask questions, share ideas and innovate preferably with others.
- Share your expertise.
What are key components of a learning community?
Learning Communities: Key Elements for Sustainability
- Clear and well-understood mission, vision, and goals.
- Committed leadership, wide connections, and solid volunteer workforce.
- Purposeful and well-implemented curriculum, pedagogy, and structure.
- Appropriate and ubiquitous assessment.
How do you create a remote learning community?
5 Strategies for Building Community During Remote Learning
- Opener: Start class with a warm, friendly activity that makes students feel safe.
- Closer: Wrap up class by checking in with students or asking for feedback.
- Brain Breaks: Build breaks during transitions that allow students to rest their minds, move their bodies or build community.
How do you create an online community?
7 Steps for Building an Online Community
- Identify key stakeholders for the online community.
- Define the purpose and goal.
- Select a community platform.
- Build a member profile.
- Develop rules and norms.
- Set up your community.
- Identify key stakeholders for the online community.
- Promote your community.
How do you create a community in a virtual environment?
5 Virtual Ways to Build a Classroom Community
- Reach-out and Check-In with Students and Parents. First and foremost, reach out to your families and check-in with them.
- Host Social Gatherings for Students to Interact with Each Other.
- Arrange a Virtual Spirit Week.
- Include Parents in Learning/ Teaching Experiences.
- Include Opportunities for Asynchronous Participation.