- 1 Why is a learning community important?
- 2 Why is it important to create a community of learners in the classroom?
- 3 What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
- 4 How do you create an online learning community?
- 5 What are key components of a learning community?
- 6 What makes a successful learning community?
- 7 Why is community important in schools?
- 8 What are the leadership role of teacher in classroom?
- 9 What is the role of the teacher in the community?
- 10 How do online platform help you as a student your family and the community?
- 11 What are the different online communities of learning?
- 12 How online learning can be improved?
- 13 Why do you need an online learning community?
- 14 How do you create a remote learning community?
- 15 How can students and teachers build a useful virtual classroom community?
Why is a learning community important?
Learning communities provide a space and a structure for people to align around a shared goal. These communities enable participants to share results and learn from each other, thereby improving their ability to achieve rapid yet significant progress.
Why is it important to create a community of learners in the classroom?
The experience of working together to solve problems in both play and projects creates opportunities for children to learn important cooperation skills. The classroom provides a unique environment for children to experience peer relationships and to create their own community of learning.
What are the most important elements in creating an engaging online learning community?
According to Du et al. (2010), there are 4 elements of online learning communities: interactivity, collaboration, trusting relationship, and communication media.
How do you create an online learning community?
How To Build An Online Learning Community
- Know Your Online Learners ‘ Needs.
- Set Some Netiquette Rules And Enforce Them.
- Pick The Right Online Collaboration Platform.
- Cultivate A Personal Connection.
- Appoint Online Learning Community Leaders.
- Create A Central Hub.
What are key components of a learning community?
Learning Communities: Key Elements for Sustainability
- Clear and well-understood mission, vision, and goals.
- Committed leadership, wide connections, and solid volunteer workforce.
- Purposeful and well-implemented curriculum, pedagogy, and structure.
- Appropriate and ubiquitous assessment.
What makes a successful learning community?
Built on a shared question or challenge, learning communities are a unique, action-oriented, collective and ongoing strategy to tap the wisdom of a group of stakeholders. To do so successfully, though, learning communities require intentionality in design and execution as well as resources and buy-in from participants.
Why is community important in schools?
Communities can provide schools with a context and environment that can either complement and reinforce the values, culture, and learning the schools provide for their students or negate everything the schools strive to accomplish (Ada, 1994; Bricker, 1989; Nieto, 1992).
What are the leadership role of teacher in classroom?
” Teachers in leadership roles work in collaboration with principals and other school administrators by facilitating improvements in instruction and promoting practices among their peers that can lead to improved student learning outcomes. ” Teachers who serve in leadership roles may do so formally or informally.
What is the role of the teacher in the community?
Teachers truly are the backbone of society. They are role models to children, offer guidance and dedication and give young people the power of education. Because of teachers, countries are able to further develop socially and economically.
How do online platform help you as a student your family and the community?
Answer: Online learning platforms allow all of those things as well as provide a tool for students and teachers to keep a record of progress made. Essentially, they allow learners to have more ownership of their learning which helps them learn better.
What are the different online communities of learning?
- synchronous (such as instant messaging or language exchange websites and mobile applications.
- asynchronous (such as message boards and Internet forums)
- course management.
- collaborative (such as wikis)
- social networking.
- social learning.
- online universities.
How online learning can be improved?
Increase student engagement. Provide active learning opportunities. Have students research the answer to a question; have them analyze a case study; ask them to analyze a text, a document, a video clip, or some other form of evidence.
Why do you need an online learning community?
The ideal online learning community is a safe space for risk taking, vulnerability, and sharing diverse ideas. Faculty and students share responsibility for creating and maintaining this learning environment.
How do you create a remote learning community?
5 Strategies for Building Community During Remote Learning
- Opener: Start class with a warm, friendly activity that makes students feel safe.
- Closer: Wrap up class by checking in with students or asking for feedback.
- Brain Breaks: Build breaks during transitions that allow students to rest their minds, move their bodies or build community.
How can students and teachers build a useful virtual classroom community?
A few ideas…
- Offer read alouds (live and/or recorded)
- Have students share what they are reading or offer some of your own favorite high-interest text suggestions … this resource can help you organize and link everything.
- Ask students to share their writing with peers (even if it’s just a few of their favorite sentences)